maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: maven-plugin-tools-ant custom parameter
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:45:09 GMT
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:43:10PM +0100, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> Don't confuse a mojo with a pojo.
> The Mojo reflects the actual goal, supports injection, etc, etc.
> A pojo is just that plain old java object: private fields with their
> getters and setters
> Only for mojo's the @parameters can be used.
> Such field can be of a lot of types: String, primitive, pojo, array or
> List of one of these types (as long as Plexus can transform it)
> The @parameter on the name of the person won't work.

It would be nice if the rules were documented somewhere.

> I strongly advice you to first read the 5 minutes[1] and 30 minutes[2]
> tutorials.

I wish him luck.  They leave a lot out.  At least, I *think* they do,
because I had a lot of questions that don't seem to be answered
anywhere.  I went digging in the code, wound up deep inside Plexus,
submitted a documentation patch for the bits I managed to understand,
but still felt no certainty.

So what *are* we supposed to do if we want structured parameters?  And
where should I have read that?

Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.