maven-users mailing list archives

From Ashish <ashis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Maven parallel build with selective dependency exclusions
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:26:37 GMT
Hi,
  I have a multi-module project and I want to create a shorter version of the build that
selectively builds a sub-set of the modules. I am using a maven profile for this. So if total
I have module  a, b, c, d and e, in a profile I have a module list of a, b and c. The module
c's pom.xml has a dependency on d which I don't want to build, and even if I have to build
I do not want to execute its Testcases. The optional = true doesn't work and if a dependency
exclusion in the profile is not working either. So how can I write a profile to either skip
d and e but still build 'c' or execute Testcases (cucumber testcases + Junit) for a, b and
c but just compile d and e if I have to. Appreciate your help,

-Ashish