maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse project under maven with JBoss-packaging plug-in
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 00:34:02 GMT
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Barney Sperlin <bsperlinus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>      I'm trying to get a JBoss ESB project working under Maven in Eclipse.  I downloaded
the jboss-packaging-maven-plugin-2.2.jar and put it into c:\program files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-maven-3.0.3\lib\ with other jars (Question 1: is that the right place?).

> Then I tried to make a new Maven project in Eclipse but the jboss-packaging archetype
doesn't show up in the dropdown list. (Question 2: when I point to that jar in the "Add archetype"
it still doesn't appear, even after closing and re-opening Eclipse.  How do I get it into
the list?)

> And, when I go to this page:  http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-packaging-maven-plugin/examples/example-basic.html
> there is a discussion of changes to an xml file.  (Question 3: Where is that file?).
>
>      Those are a lot of questions for one post, I know, but any leads on any of them
would be appreciated!
>                 Barney

Mate, I can tell from this email this is probably the first time
you've used Maven.
Congratulations! And enjoy your journey.

But you are trying to be a master painter when you haven't even tried
finger painting.

Take a deep breath and relax, do yourself a favour and just get some
basic skills.
I recommend:
* Browse around http://maven.apache.org/
** Under "Learning Maven"
** Read "Run Maven" http://maven.apache.org/run-maven/index.html
** Read "Use Maven" http://maven.apache.org/users/index.html
*** Especially " The 5 minute test - Learn how to use Maven in 5
minutes" http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

If you have someone locally who already knows Maven you might want to
ask them if they can spare some time to help you out.
If not, don't worry but it would help speed up the process.

There is a list of free books at http://maven.apache.org/articles.html
Both "Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation" and "Maven: The
Definitive Guide" are good books to read/skim.

After this, you should be able to answer your own questions easily.

cheers,
Barrie