maven-users mailing list archives

From Jim McCaskey <jim.mccas...@pervasive.com>
Subject Maven site documentation problem
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:58:38 GMT
Hello all,

As a sort of public service announcement I would like to point out a problem with the docs
here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/maven-3.html#Old_configuration_Maven_2__3

It has this little snippet at the top:

  <reporting>
    <excludeDefaults>true</excludeDefaults>
    <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
    <plugins>

Notice that empty outputDirectory?  Well Maven 2.2.1 appears to ignore it.  Maven 3.0.3 however,
deletes the entire tree.  The entire tree, including your pom.xml and your /src directory.
 Use with extreme caution.

I opened this issue to track the documentation issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-621

I'm not sure if the maven-clean-plugin should prevent this sort of thing or not (probably
not).  But the docs should be updated for the next unaware traveler. :)

-Jim