maven-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schrenk <Oliver.Schr...@gmx.net>
Subject maven-shade-plugin, minifyJar removes classes used in Class.forName(...)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:04:59 GMT
Hej,

I'm using the maven-shade-plugin to create an executable jar. The number of included jars
blows the final jar over 10+ MB. Using the `minifyJar` instruction, reduces it to 2.8 MB.

Unfortunately it will remove the classes for the database driver. I assume its because they
are included via

	Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver")

and aren't found during the minifying process.

I tried including it via

	<configuration>
             <artifactSet>
               <includes>
                 <include>com.oracle:ojdbc6</include >
               </includes >
             </artifactSet>
           </configuration>

but this removes all other classes.

How can I minify the shaded jar and still include the database driver?

Best regards
Oliver Schrenk