maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven releases during testing
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:15:22 GMT
> release during tests. I believe only when it is tested and can go to
> production, then it is versioned to app-1.0. But, during testing how do we
> manage its versions?

Just push a version out and call it 1.0-alpha-1 or -beta-1 or
whatever. And test that version until you're happy with it. Keep
changing (releasing versions) until you have things pretty well
stabilized and you're happy with it then cut a release or just promote
-beta-8 to be your "production" system and start on 1.1-SNAPSHOT.

Wayne