maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <k...@soebes.de>
Subject Re: Integration Test Dependency and WAR Packaging
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:52:43 GMT
Hi,

Asmann, Roland wrote

> If you use 'attachClasses', the JAR should NOT be created in the
> lib-folder, but in the target. When using 'archiveClasses' it is created
> in the lib-folder.

It is correct that a file artifactid-version-classes.jar is created in the
target folder (with attachClasses), but that does not contain the classes
from src/main/java. The documentation says it will put the classes from the
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes folder into this jar...

The jar which is created in the
target/artifactid-version/WEB-INF/lib/artifact-version.jar contains the
classes from src/main/java....but can't be correctly be used as a
dependency....it will produce a problems during the build, cause it will try
to download that jar from the repo-manager...which does not exists...

Asmann, Roland wrote

> A dependency on that JAR should be on a JAR (not the WAR) and add
> classifier 'classes'.

Will not work based on the above description....

I've got the impression this looks like a bug in the Maven-War-Plugin....or
a misunderstanding on my site...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

-----