maven-users mailing list archives

From Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Enhancing testcase elements in surefire xml reports with custom attributes specified by annotations?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:30:30 GMT
Hello,

we use Testlink for describing testcases, some of which are run as
automatic tests using junit. Now to easily match junit tests to
Testlink IDs I thought about adding an annotation like:
@TestlinkID(12345)
to tests run, which should result in something like:

<testcase time="0.001" classname="CLASSNAME" name="testFromString[0]"
testlinkid="12345"/>

Right now we use an approach of suffixing out method names with the
testlink ID and afterwards parse the results, which feels kind of
clumsy.
Looking into org.apache.maven.surefire.report.XMLReporter there seems
no easy way to extend the reporter to include additional information
like this.

Any suggestions?

Regards Mirko
--