maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hunt <Andrew.H...@nab.com.au>
Subject maven-resources-plugin not retaining unix permissions?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:27:21 GMT
Hi

I have a project in which our run scripts are in src/main/resources/.  The code is in a GIT
repo and I found out how to set the file permission include execute permission in GIT.
$ ls -l src/main/resources/
total 60
-rw-r-----  1 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users 16097 Oct 24 15:47 change_readme.docx
-rwxr-x---  1 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users 18763 Oct 25 09:55 db.build.package.pl
drwxr-x--- 12 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users  4096 Sep 19 08:00 oracle
-rwxr-x---  1 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users    65 Oct 25 09:55 sqlplus.cmd

However, after running mvn clean install, the files are copied to target/classes as
$ ls -l target/classes
total 60
-rw-r-----  1 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users 16097 Oct 24 15:47 change_readme.docx
-rw-r-----  1 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users 18763 Oct 25 09:55 db.build.package.pl
drwxr-x--- 12 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users  4096 Sep 19 08:00 oracle
-rw-r-----  1 svc_fx_build APP_Repo_Users    65 Oct 25 09:55 sqlplus.cmd

I noticed an issue for this in the "resources:test-resources" [http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRESOURCES-132]
phase/goal - but on the face of it, this issue also applies to "resources:resources" and "resources:copy-resources".
 Or is there configuration somewhere I am missing/ need to add?  Have I structured things
poorly?  If not, do you have a FAQ for getting access to JIRA to update / create a new issue
[must be blind - I cannot find it sorry]?

[FYI - We need the permissions set as the script is executed as part of our release].  I am
using an ANT workaround for now.

Thanks...Andrew (Forum newbie)

________________________________
The information contained in this email communication may be confidential. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender by return email, delete this email and destroy
any copy.
Any advice contained in this email has been prepared without taking into account your objectives,
financial situation or needs. Before acting on any advice in this email, National Australia
Bank Limited (NAB) recommends that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances.
If this email contains reference to any financial products, NAB recommends you consider the
Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or other disclosure document available from NAB, before
making any decisions regarding any products.
If this email contains any promotional content that you do not wish to receive, please reply
to the original sender and write "Don't email promotional material" in the subject.