maven-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Shum (HK/IT-AD)" <adrian.tc.s...@htisec.com>
Subject RE: Incorrect location for downloading plugin pom
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 03:20:18 GMT
I found the "cause" of the problem.

It is caused by missing plugin version in that specific project, plus the strange behavior
in Maven in downloading POM.

I have described in StackOverflow and here is the link.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7672025/maven-is-using-incorrect-location-for-downloading-plugin-pom/7788936#7788936

It seems to me that it can be treated as a bug in Maven.  I have raised a bug in Maven's issue
tracker too.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5182

--
Regards,
Adrian Shum

-----Original Message-----
From: Benson Margulies [mailto:bimargulies@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:46 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Incorrect location for downloading plugin pom

This has certain superficial resemblances to the following shoot-self-in-foot process.

Step 1: Define a nexus instance. Define a group of public repositories in it.
Step 2: Using settings.xml, make a mirror-of "*" that points to this repository.
Step 3: Add an explicit <repository/> element to a pom pointing to some repository that
is *NOT* in the group.

Result? Completely mysterious missing item errors.

A second possible point of departure is to neglect that pluginRepositories are not the same
as repositories.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Wayne Fay <waynefay@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any hints from anyone?
>
> If you can boil this down to a very simple sample project that you
> could share externally which demonstrates the behavior that you are
> describing, then someone could perhaps take a look at it in a debugger
> etc.
>
> Wayne

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your
system and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination
or copying of this email is prohibited. Haitong International Securities Group, its group
companies and their content providers ("Parties") shall not be responsible for the accuracy
or completeness of this email or its attachment, if any, which could contain virus, be corrupted,
destroyed, incomplete, intercepted, lost or arrive late. The Parties do not accept liability
for any damage caused by this e-mail.