maven-users mailing list archives

From Mike Power <dodts...@sonic.net>
Subject maven failing to resolve artifact that exists in repository
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 04:21:43 GMT
I am really confused.  Maven is failing to resolve an artifact that I
can easily find in the remote repository.

I am trying to build an open source project whose git repository is found at

https://github.com/magnayn/Jenkins-Repository.git

I get the following error:
Downloading:
http://download.java.net/maven/2//org/kohsuke/stapler/stapler/1.167/stapler-1.167.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.kohsuke.stapler:stapler:jar:1.167

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.kohsuke.stapler
-DartifactId=stapler -Dversion=1.167 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.kohsuke.stapler
-DartifactId=stapler -Dversion=1.167 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

   Path to dependency:
       1) com.nirima.jenkins.repository:pom:pom:0.6.2-SNAPSHOT
       2) org.jenkins-ci.main:jenkins-core:jar:1.417
       3) org.kohsuke.stapler:stapler-adjunct-timeline:jar:1.3
       4) org.kohsuke.stapler:stapler:jar:1.167

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
   com.nirima.jenkins.repository:pom:pom:0.6.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   m.g.o-public (http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/public/)
*
*

It seems to be only trying central.  However it is not available on
central.  It is available on m.g.o-public.  Here is the url:
http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/public/org/kohsuke/stapler/stapler/1.161/stapler-1.161.jar

Why is maven going to central to find the jar, and not going to
m.g.o-public?  It says it tried m.g.o-public but I do not see that
happening.*
*