maven-users mailing list archives

From codingplayer <roman.ce...@smartengine.at>
Subject Re: omitting -tests.jar for pom modules
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:41:09 GMT
Hi Wayne,

thx for your answer.

But i believe that your approach does not work in my case:

as mentioned i have some general projects (that have no sources/test
sources) while others do have test sources.

if i would use this two-base parents approach, lets say...
- maven-base (does not use the jar plugin)
- maven-base-with-tests (would use the jar plugin to build a -tests.jar)
... i could use them both for single-module projects.

but then if i would have a multi-module project:
- sandbox (derived from maven-base, since it is has no tests, and is of
packaging type pom)
  = sandbox-core (is derived from sandbox, since it is the natural parent)
  = sandbox-service (is derived from sandbox, since it is the natural
parent)

i could not really inherit from maven-base-with-jar (in multi-module
projects), because i want my <pluginManagement> and <dependencyManagement>
sections to be derived from my parent (e.g. sandbox)

But what i can do, is overwrite the config for the plugin in each module
individually, thus overwritting the <pluginManagement> in the maven-base.

Still looking for an automated way, or some kind of conditional
configuration.

br
R.C.