maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency resolution problem
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 16:27:14 GMT
> P -> A (1.1.0) -> B (2.1.0)
> P -> B (1.3.0)
>
> should cause a build failure, a setup like
>
> P -> A (1.1.0) -> B (1.5.0)
> P -> B (1.3.0)
>
> should not, but we have to guarantee, that B (1.5.0) is resolved, not B
> (1.3.0), which is not the standard maven dependency resolution.

Locking down versions of dependencies with [x.y] should get you at
least some of the way there. You should also be using pluginManagement
and dependencyManagement to specify versions of things in one place
(in the parent P) to avoid some of this in the first place. The
versions plugin may also be something that you should look at.

Wayne