maven-users mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web application problem
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:34:04 GMT
On 1 September 2011 05:19, Luka Stopar <luka.stopar@cosylab.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm having a problem using gwt-maven-plugin. The project compiles fine, but
> I cannot run it as a web application, I can only run it by doing run
> as->maven build...->gwt:run, in which case I cannot debug the code.

What do you mean by "cannot run as a web app"? If mvn gwt:run works
then it runs as a web app? Or do you mean you want to run the war?
Then you'll have to run "mvn compile gwt:compile package" (to just get
a WAR) or maybe "mvn compile gwt:compile jetty:run-war".

You can easily debug using mvn gwt:debug (just attach Eclipse using
Remote Java Application). This is much easier then using a Launcher
(i.e. I've never been able to get Launchers [for GWT] to work
reliably).

> I've attached my pom.xml, it may not look best, because I already did some
> trial and error.

This is what I use:

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <runTarget>/index.html</runTarget>
    <hostedWebapp>${project.build.directory}/${project.artifactId}</hostedWebapp>
    <webappDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.artifactId}</webappDirectory>
    <copyWebapp>true</copyWebapp>
  </configuration>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>