maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has elapsed or updates are forced
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:28:11 GMT
OK, I think I am strategy (1) - although the only thing the parent actually
agrregates is the javadoc. Or does aggregator have another meaning here?

Is there some way I can set things up so that I only have to change the
parent version and the children will all follow. The problem I ran into is
that the child POMs contain the version for the parent (and the problem was
they did not match), Can this be removed so the children just assume the
parent version?

Cheers, Eric

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:59 AM, Guillaume Polet
<guillaume.polet@gmail.com>wrote:

> For me, there are two strategies there:
> 1) You use the parent pom as an aggregator (your parent pom reference its
> children through modules) of several projects that always work together and
> make a coherent package-->parent/children should keep the same version, it's
> just simpler to anyone's mind and simpler to maintain.
> 2) You use a parent pom to define well-defined practices, coherent set of
> dependencies, general properties used across all your projects, plugins and
> their configuration that you don't want to repeat in all your projects, but
> the parent does not know about its "children"-->Then children should
> necessarily follow your  parent version
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guillaume
>
> Le 1/09/2011 06:57, Eric Kolotyluk a écrit :
>
>> OK, seems the problem was some data inconsistency with some things
>> pointing to 0.0.2-SNAPSHOT and other things still pointing to 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> What is the best practice for when you want to change the version of the
>> parent POM, and have all the children follow?
>>
>> I'm trying to use managed dependencies as much as possible, but somehow
>> that is not enough.
>>
>> Also, is there some simple way to remove all 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts from
>> Nexus?
>>
>> Cheers, Eric
>>
>> On 2011-08-31 8:54 PM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
>>
>>> Is it just me, or does anyone else ever get tired of the message
>>>
>>> resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has
>>> elapsed or updates are forced
>>>
>>> Everything was working fine yesterday. For some reason, that I cannot
>>> explain, now my builds keep failing with this symptom. I have not actually
>>> changed any pom files or really anything - other than to stop and restart
>>> Eclipse. The same problem happens whether I build from Eclipse or the
>>> command line. I cannot seem to find any combination of '-U' or 'clean' or
>>> 'deploy' or anything to correct things. I feel like a chicken who pecks
>>> randomly at things until one of them is food.
>>>
>>> It is really unnerving that maven is so fragile and unpredictable, and
>>> things so randomly go from working to broken. While Maven is way better than
>>> Ant in most respects, Ant is still head and shoulders above Maven in
>>> stability.
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project intersystem-jni4net: Could not
>>> resolve dependencies for project com.kodak.intersystem:**
>>> intersystem-jni4net:jar:0.0.2-**SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could
>>> not be resolved: com.kodak.intersystem:**intersystem-common:jar:0.0.2-**SNAPSHOT,
>>> com.kodak.intersystem:**intersystem-client:jar:0.0.2-**SNAPSHOT,
>>> com.kodak.intersystem:**intersystem-service:jar:0.0.2-**SNAPSHOT,
>>> com.kodak.intersystem:color-**repository:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT: Failure to
>>> find com.kodak.intersystem:**intersystem-common:jar:0.0.2-**SNAPSHOT in
>>> http://nexus:8081/nexus/**content/groups/public<http://nexus:8081/nexus/content/groups/public>was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until