maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Multiple single-module projects vs one multi-module project
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:15:25 GMT
We have aggregation projects that build a jar file containing all the
dependencies for that set of libraries.
We exclude anything that is being provided in another library so we know
exactly what version of transitive dependencies are being used.

I finally wrote up a description on our technical blog.

http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=121

It really cleaned up our application and made the war files really small
and relieved the developers from a lot of dependency specification. One
dependency gets all the Apache utilities that we use. Another single
reference gets everything needed for MySQL, Hibernate, Spring and Tomcat.

If you want some clean jokes
http://blog.artifact-software.com/fun

Ron