maven-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Polet <guillaume.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has elapsed or updates are forced
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 07:59:26 GMT
For me, there are two strategies there:
1) You use the parent pom as an aggregator (your parent pom reference
its children through modules) of several projects that always work
together and make a coherent package-->parent/children should keep the
same version, it's just simpler to anyone's mind and simpler to maintain.
2) You use a parent pom to define well-defined practices, coherent set
of dependencies, general properties used across all your projects,
plugins and their configuration that you don't want to repeat in all
your projects, but the parent does not know about its "children"-->Then
children should necessarily follow your  parent version

Cheers,

Guillaume