maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Debug a project in maven.
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:17:46 GMT

On Sep 6, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Pedro Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a project using maven, and know I would like to debug my
> project. I've 2 different questions:
>
> 1 - How can I debug remotely a project that was created in maven?

mvnDebug clean install

This will setup a debugging session that you can connect to on port 8000.

> 2 -  I use vim as an editor. How can I debug a project that is on my
> PC (now, it's not on a remote site, but locally) that was created with
> maven in vim?

m2eclipse, IDEA and Netbeans all provide facilities for debugging Maven projects. If you're
not using an IDE I'm not sure what extensions might exist for the various editors that might
work for debugging a remote session.