maven-users mailing list archives

From Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <th...@ginkel.com>
Subject Custom lifecycle using Maven plugin
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 15:15:41 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'd like to accomplish defining a custom lifecycle for my plugin that
invokes a set of goals (including some goals implemented by a Mojo in
the plugin) in a custom lifecycle phase. Unfortunately, my progress
implementing this is still somewhat limited. ;-)

I have a META-INF/maven/lifecycles.xml:
-- 8< --
<lifecycles>
  <lifecycle>
    <id>hsqldb</id>
    <phases>
      <phase>
        <id>hsql-start</id>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>hsql-start</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </phase>
    </phases>
  </lifecycle>
</lifecycles>
-- 8< --

and a META-INF/plexus/components.xml:
-- 8< --
<component-set>
	<components>
		<component>
			<role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
			<role-hint>hsql-start</role-hint>
			<implementation>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping</implementation>
			<configuration>
				<phases>
					<hsql-start>com.example.plugins:maven-example-hsqldb-plugin:hsql-start</hsql-start>
				</phases>
			</configuration>
		</component>
	</components>
</component-set>
-- 8< --

What is currently not clear to me: How do I reference this lifecycle
from my project's pom so that I can ideally invoke it using
  mvn hsql-start

Any hints (including documentation pointers that I may have missed so
far) are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Thilo