maven-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject How can I use a Maven plugin to change Eclipse WebSphere Deployment Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:46:40 GMT
Hi.  I've been hacking away for 3 weeks on getting Maven to play nicely with RAD 8,0/JDK 1.5/WebSphere
6.1 + JSF 1.2 & Facelets.

So far, I've been able find the Maven plugins RAD, Eclipse, WTP, WAS6 and mess with Eclipse/RAD
Project Facets, etc to suit my needs.  The one crucial bit of information that I cannot find
anywhere is setting an .ear's Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST in an Ear project's WebSphere
Deployment Descriptor.

I need to change my Ear project's Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST.  I also need to do the
same for the Ear's War project and set the War classloader policy to APPLICATION.
How do you accomplish this task?

Every time I build with Maven, the WebSphere Deployment Descriptor gets set to the default
settings (Derby gets added to the JDBC provider list, the Classloader mode of the Ear and
War(s) gets set to PARENT_FIRST, and the WAR classloader policy gets set to MODULE).

I'll include a screen shot of what my Ear's WebSphere Deployment Descriptor reverts to after
I build using Maven as an Eclipse External Tool (my preferred method at the moment) or with
m2eclipse.

Chris Harris
Programmer/Analyst
BioLife Plasma Services
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
One Baxter Parkway DF3-1W
Deerfield, Illinois 60015
T 847.948.4739   F 847.948.2885
chris_harris@baxter.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of , or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer