maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scripting
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 14:36:17 GMT
Cool, I also found maven-scala-plugin
<http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/maven-scala-plugin/example_script.html>
Is there nothing needed in maven that someone else has not already
thought of?

I guess there are no useful maven plugins left for me to write - just
joking.

I must go play with maven-scala-plugin now - bwa-ha-ha-ha

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-08-26 10:55 AM, Brian Topping wrote:
> Oh yah, that's right, there is a Groovy plugin.  Another one of those paths that I would
use sparingly.  (Well actually, on the project I saw it used on, I went through and replaced
it immediately.)

> http://www.ronniealleva.org/index.php/2008/01/23/using-the-groovy-maven-plugin-to-do-magic/
is an example.

> The Maven plugins project has a wealth of tricks in it across the various plugins if/when
you choose to create a true plugin.

> On Aug 26, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
>
>> OK, I grok the use of antrun as illustrated below. Is there anything more general
than antrun, for example execute some arbitrary commands or script without having to write
a plug-n? I'm thinking of a JavaScipt, Groovy or Scala plugin - or am I just dreaming? If
not, it might be fun to write such a plugin for Maven, but for the moment I need a more expedient
solution.

>> Cheers, Eric
>>
>> |<project>
>>   [...]
>>   <build>
>>     <plugins>
>>       [...]
>>       <plugin>
>>         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>>         <executions>
>>           <execution>
>>             <phase>deploy</phase>
>>             <configuration>
>>               <tasks>
>>
>>                 <!--
>>                   Place any Ant task here. You can add anything
>>                   you can add between<target>   and</target>   in a
>>                   build.xml.
>>                 -->
>>
>>               </tasks>
>>             </configuration>
>>             <goals>
>>               <goal>run</goal>
>>             </goals>
>>           </execution>
>>         </executions>
>>       </plugin>
>>     </plugins>
>>   </build>
>>   [...]
>> </project>

 I personally do that as a last resort.
>>> LOL!  That was a map I was posting elsewhere about where not to buy an apartment
in NYC.  I meant to post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/586202/best-practices-for-copying-files-with-maven,
which has a reply from Tim O'Brien regarding antrun.

>>> Anyway, off to write a plugin.  Too much fascinating information in the news
today, gotta get some work done.