maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: Beginner needs help: Maven won't run my tests...
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:39:43 GMT
Julien,

Sorry I didn't notice you had responded.  Like most mailing lists, one thing to keep in mind
is we're all doing this for free and at one time or another someone helped us out.  So we're
just returning the favor.

Anyway, your logs show the line:

> [DEBUG]   (f) testSourceDirectory =
> /home/julien/Documents/donnees/projets/Site emploi
> finance/java/cheetah/web/src/test/java

I see you made many changes like removing spaces and that would have also been my first suggestion.

Now, please run the mvn command with -X again.  There's no need now to send the entire file,
just search through the output for "testSourceDirectory" and make sure you can do "ls /home/julien/Documents/donnees/projets/Site
emploi finance/java/cheetah/web/src/test/java" from the command line, for instance, but using
whatever the new output from that line is.

Also, take a look at the web page for the surefire plugin configuration at http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html.
 Note how testSourceDirectory is documented there, along with every other parameter in your
-X output.  Pay close attention to each one, mapping it back to the documentation, then ask
questions about the ones you don't understand and think might be causing problems.

In the worst case, regenerate the project using a project archetype in a second directory
and look how it gets set up there.

Cheers, Brian

On Jul 19, 2011, at 2:36 AM, Julien Martin wrote:

> up
>
> 2011/7/17 Julien Martin <balteo@gmail.com>
>
>> Hello Thomas and thank you for the reply,
>> Yes the tests are indeed located there.
>> I was not able to reproduce the bug unfortunately...
>> Does anyone have any idea where else to look for a problem?
>> Regards,
>> Julien.
>>

>> 2011/7/17 Thomas Sundberg <tsu@kth.se>
>>
>>> Hi Julien!
>>>
>>> You still haven't told us where your tests are locted. They should be
>>> located in the directory
>>>
>>> src/test/java/com/cheetah/web/pages
>>>
>>> to be picked up and executed by Surefire.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to clone your project, remove almost everything and
>>> keep a Hello world so you are able to locate the problem with a
>>> minimal set of possible problems and then add the things you want,
>>> step by step?
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> Thomas

<snip/>