maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy large files
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:37:53 GMT
I don't think that you're being quite fair here.

When 3.0-beta-3 was released, the default assumption was that the next
release would be beta-4. So any bugs fixed got marked 'fixed in beta
4'. Typically, a JIRA spends at least some weeks, if not months,
marked 'fixed' in a release that isn't released yet, because it's
waiting for its cohort of bugs to be fixed or for a volunteer to be
available to run the release.

In this particular case, there is a level of additional confusion
because of the policy decision that we don't need a beta-4.

I'm not sure I'm entirely prepared to dispute your overall
characterization of maven 3 -- depending on which features you care
most about.