maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: C++, Cross-Compilation, Artifacts and Maven
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:01:32 GMT

The best place to find which maven-nar-configuration best suits your requirement would be
at
http://duns.github.com/maven-nar-plugin/examples.html

if you see something that approximates your requirement use it and report back any results
as we want to ensure maven-nar
operating as stated in the doc
if you dont see your specific requirement addressed (something like integration of gmak makefiles)
file a jira request at
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NAR

provide a complete example (including header, c, c++ sources and any static or shared libraries)
and complete environment for compilation
little-endian vs big-endian
32bit vs 64Bit
including ALL of the configuration-tags seen here e.g.
http://duns.github.com/maven-nar-plugin/configuration.html
for example the location of resourceDirectory which is not implemented:
<resourceDirectory> N/A

we would need all those details to replicate and build out the plugin to create artifacts
to accomodate that environment
it is impossible to accomodate each and every environment that exists but we will certainly
try to accomodate currently supported OSes.
Keep in mind the majority of principal developers are european based and on vaca so it may
be sept until you see something

If you need something right away you might want to call maven-antrun-plugin with a target
which exec your make tool e.g.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Projects+With+JNI

Bon Chance,
Martin Gainty