maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: Pimp My Mojo
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:15:59 GMT
A few minor observations (since you are soliciting them).  I haven't run the plugins or have
any experience of not in the plugin domain, so I can't comment on the goals or workflow.

1. I'm not sure of the benefit of putting the source on Bitbucket, versus under Codehaus'
Mojo project, the latter will push to Maven central and allow for better name resolution.
 More importantly, the visibility provided by being on Codehaus will encourage someone that
needs something similar to add to your project instead of starting their own (if they didn't
know yours existed).
2. If you really want to keep things in your own silo, consider getting approved to use the
Sonatype OSS repository.
3. The license is not clear.  License compliance is important in most enterprises, and having
a license protects you against personal liability.
4. Your plugin build is not running the "helpmojo" goal.  This generates the proper code so
(for instance) mapreduce-maven-plugin:help will generate a usage information.

The code otherwise looks pretty clean.  The use of expressions in parameters is a big deal
for usability, and you have that covered.  The plugin API was designed to be easy to develop
for, and you've used it correctly.

Cheers, Brian