maven-users mailing list archives

From Kathryn Huxtable <kath...@kathrynhuxtable.org>
Subject Re: Getting strange error in compilation
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:44:57 GMT
Actually, can I require that a profile be activated when both a jdk version *and* an os family
are selected, or is it always an "or" comparison? -K

On Jul 31, 2011, at 6:41 PM, Kathryn Huxtable wrote:

> I've been working on a Swing pluggable look & feel, and was needing to include rt.jar.
I have a separate profile for the Mac. The relevant sections of my pom look like:

> <build>
> 	<plugins>
> 		<plugin>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> 			<version>2.3.2</version>
> 			<configuration>
> 				<source>1.6</source>
> 				<target>1.6</target>
> 				<compilerArguments>
> 					<bootclasspath>${java.home}/lib/rt.jar</bootclasspath>
> 				</compilerArguments>
> 			</configuration>
> 		</plugin>
> 	</plugins>
> <profiles>
> 	<profile>
> 		<id>mac</id>
> 		<activation>
> 			<os>
> 				<family>mac</family>
> 			</os>
> 		</activation>
> 		<build>
> 			<plugins>
> 				<!-- Configure the compiler plugin to use JDK 1.6. -->
> 				<plugin>
> 					<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> 					<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> 					<version>2.3.2</version>
> 					<configuration>
> 						<source>1.6</source>
> 						<target>1.6</target>
> 						<compilerArguments>
> 							<bootclasspath>${java.home}/bundle/Classes/classes.jar</bootclasspath>
> 						</compilerArguments>
> 					</configuration>
> 				</plugin>
> 			</plugins>
> 		</build>
> 	</profile>
>
> I think most artifacts don't need to include rt.jar, so I don't know what you'd do. I
suppose we can add the JDK version to the activation profile...

> I don't think you folks need to do anything, but I was bewildered, and Google wasn't
much help, though I did eventually find a solution through a Google search, just not the first
several I tried.

> -K
>
> On Jul 31, 2011, at 6:27 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Kathryn Huxtable
>> <kathryn@kathrynhuxtable.org> wrote:
>>> Okay, I see. Apple changed the location of classes.jar, which is what they call
rt.jar in a recent release of Java, possibly update 26.