maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Remijan <mjremi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Why can't 'mvn site' find a grand-parent pom?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:18:12 GMT
I'm using Maven 3.0.2 and when I execute 'mvn site' I get errors saying Maven cannot find one
of my pom files.  The error is:

[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:2.1:site (default-site) @ ferris-bible-jmce ---
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/ferris/ferris-standard-project/0.0.2/ferris-standard-project-0.0.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to load parent project from a relative path: 1 problem was encount
ered while building the effective model for org.ferris:ferris-bible-parent:0.0.4

I have 2 questions:
1) Why isn't Maven looking for the file in .m2/repository/ ?  The POM is already there.

2) Why is Maven only look in "http://repo1.maven.org/maven2" for the pom and not look through
the rest of <repository> entries in my settings.xml?