maven-users mailing list archives

From Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Artifact[ejb:org.jboss.seam:jboss-seam] is not a dependency of the project.
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:00:35 GMT
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:59:10 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:

> I've really included "jboss-seam" as a dependency and I even
> expect I don't need to define it as <ejbModule> in the EAR plugin
> configuration, as it is already declared as
> <packaging>ejb</packaging>, but without defining it as <ejbModule>

> it ends up packaged as ordinary lib and not included in the
> "application.xml" (this might be related to the main problem).

O.k.  I've tried with my own EJB module and I've found I have to
specify <type>ejb</type> for the dependency to get automatically
included as EJB module in the EAR.  So the attached "pom.xml"
appears to build as expected.

However I seem to get problem when "jboss-seam" is declared in
<dependencyManagement> in a parent POM.  Place the attached
"parent-pom.xml" and "ear-pom.xml" in a same directory (the same
happens using standard layout having the EAR pom.xml in a child
directory) and build using either one of them:

$ mvn -f parent-pom.xml install

or

$ mvn -f ear-pom.xml install

I get:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

Project ID: net.example.ear:seam-ear
POM Location: ...\ear-pom.xml
Validation Messages:

     [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.jboss.seam:jboss-seam:ejb

Reason: Failed to validate POM for project net.example.ear:seam-ear at ...\ear-pom.xml

Specifying the "jboss-seam" version additionally in the EAR POM
seems to fix the things, but why one has to do it given the version
is specified in the parent POM?

--
Stanimir