maven-users mailing list archives

From wei zhenhua <w_zhen...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Maven build EAR does not work for Multimodule project on JBOSS
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:46:47 GMT
Thanks for the answers.
I did go that way by comparing the intellij build and maven build and just found the followings:
1. Maven build's ejb jars does not contain the dependencies declared in its pom.xml file while
intellij build does bundle those files in the ejb jar. However, those dependencies files are
put in the root directory in the maven build which looks no problem for the class path. I
have spent quite a while on this wondering this difference can cause the problem.
2. the manifest for ejb module has the classpath= value empty while other module's class path has
the jar dependencies. Could this be another issue?
3. the application.xml in the ear META-INF does not contain the ejb module declaration in
the maven build. I am not very sure how this application.xml work, all other dependencies
and war has been included except the ejb jar. Again, I don't know if this matter.
4. From my investigation, the application.xml and jboss-app.xml could be optional. Could this
be true?
Any related suggestions or answers will be highly appreciated!
Thank you.

--- On Wed, 6/15/11, Yanko, Curtis <curt_yanko@uhc.com> wrote:

From: Yanko, Curtis <curt_yanko@uhc.com>
Subject: RE: Maven build EAR does not work for Multimodule project on JBOSS
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

We use a tool like Beyond Compare to analyze locally made EARs to those from the CI system
early in our engagement to ensure we have faithfully reproduced what the customer asked for.
Any difference we find we make adjustment for in Maven.

Curt Yanko | Continuous Integration Services
Making IT Happen, one build at a time, 700 times a day