maven-users mailing list archives

From vijendra <vjmake...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven with ant build unable to publish to artifactory
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:04:18 GMT
I am getting some strange behaviour from Maven-ant publish jar to
artifactory.

When I run maven, it calls all pom files one by one.
1)	For osb projects it creates a target folder where osb specific jars are
placed. Eg: synapseitd-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
synapseitd-1.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
2)	I am using same jar (synapseitd-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) to contain osb project
specific dependencies and all other files/folders etc. Note: this is result
of ant execution code written inside pom file.
3)	If I skip entire ant code also, this jar gets published to artifactory
based on how pom structure is defined.
4)	Problem comes here: The jar gets published to artifactory much before ant
code executes inside pom.
5)	That means jar published to artifactory doesn’t contain other required
files/folders/dependencies which makes the project complete.
6)	Later when ant code inside pom gets executed it completes the same jar
with all other required files/folders/dependencies which makes the project
complete.
7)	Next time since this jar is available in target folder (if we don’t
clean) it gets picked up and publish to artifactory.
Note : This time only some part gets refreshed with older (other required
files/folders/dependencies which makes the project complete).and gets
published to artifactory.

So 2nd time onwards complete synapseitd-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is available in
Artifactory. But this practice fails after every clean.(maven or ant clean)

My question here is:

1)	Is this a default behaviour of  Maven, Can’t we do anything to fit this
into our requirement.
2)	To try some workaround I tried keeping  File C  “maven code” after  “ant
build code”, but no help.
3)	Please provide me your views and suggestions to handle this situation.
4)	Should this be considered as a bug.

Here is the flow of Maven: File A calls B which intern calls C and so on.
And publish the data to artifactory.

A)	File A:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <parent>
         <groupId>com.lchclearnet</groupId>
         <artifactId>lch-parent</artifactId>
         <version>1.7</version>
    </parent>

    <groupId>com.lchclearnet.esb</groupId>
    <artifactId>esb-parent</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>pom</packaging>
    <name>ESB Parent</name>

    <modules>
        <module>esb-schemas</module>
        <module>esb-common</module>
        <module>esb-transformation</module>
        <module>osb-projects</module>
        <module>enterprise-applications</module>
    </modules>

</project>

B)	File B:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

     <parent>
          <groupId>com.lchclearnet.esb</groupId>
          <artifactId>esb-parent</artifactId>
          <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </parent>

     <groupId>com.lchclearnet.esb.osb</groupId>
     <artifactId>osb-projects</artifactId>
     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <packaging>pom</packaging>
     <name>OSB Projects</name>

     <modules>
         <module>SynapseITD</module>
     </modules>

</project>

C)	File C:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

            <parent>
                        <groupId>com.lchclearnet.esb.osb</groupId>
                        <artifactId>osb-projects</artifactId>
                        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </parent>

            <groupId>com.lchclearnet.esb.osb</groupId>

            <artifactId>synapseitd</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <packaging>jar</packaging>

            <build>
                        <plugins>
                                    <plugin>

                                                <version>1.6</version>
                                                <executions>
                                                            <execution>

<id>remote-deploy</id>

<phase>deploy</phase>

<configuration>

<target>
Here goes the ant code which is only able to build OSB project but can’t
publish to artifactory.

</target>

</configuration>

<goals>