maven-users mailing list archives

From CassUser CassUser <cassu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reference archive from another module
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 20:07:54 GMT
Yeah.  the distribution module actually is an RPM module, and we use the
copy dependencies plugin to ref modules within the project.  The
dependencies are then mapped to locations in the rpm plugin like:
                        <mapping>

<directory>${install.location}/libraries</directory>
                            <sources>
                                <source>

<location>${project.build.directory}/dependency</location>
                                </source>
                            </sources>
                        </mapping>

>From one of those dependent modules I would like to reference a archive file
that it creates (like the jars the dependency plugin grabs).  Would the
assembly plugin work in this use case (example?)

dependency plugin:

            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>copy-dependencies</id>
                        <phase>compile</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>
                            <overWriteSnapshots>false</overWriteSnapshots>
                            <overWriteIfNewer>true</overWriteIfNewer>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>