maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: central repo?
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:53:19 GMT
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Nord, James <JNord@nds.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> "we incorporate the feedback we received and ensure the index used to render the browse
is completely in lockstep with the contents."

> Interesting...  Are all the mirrors updated atomically with repo1 (I didn't think they
where) so the engineering effort in this must be huge :-)

I won't go and say it's completely atomic but here's what happens:

All of the inbound syncs run on a staging machine. Some repos are
pulled hourly (forges), others daily. Once this process is complete,
the updated contents are indexed and then the staging location is
pushed out simultaneously to the UK, the live Central machine, and a
US production failover folder on the staging machine. We will push the
indexes at the same time to the search server so the window between
contents arriving on Central and appearing on Search is minimal.

> Just don't want it forgotten that just as it is in repo1.m.o it may not be in uk.m.o
 (and if it is in the process of being synced could be only be partially there?)

> Thanks for the quick workaround.
>
> /James

feel like the repo was hijacked:

> Deeper links to artifact folders will show the older index view for now until we incorporate
the feedback we received and ensure the index used to render the browse is completely in lockstep
with the contents.

> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Jim McCaskey <jim.mccaskey@pervasive.com> wrote:
>> So, I'm not sure anyone here will care about this.  But Maven Central does not work
with IE9.

>> You get an error like this:
>>
>> When a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the
site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.

>> And the URL switches to this:
>>
>> res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#maven.org,http://search.maven.org/#bro
>> wse
>>
>> I had a friend try his system with IE8 and it worked fine.  Needless to say Chrome
and FF work just fine.

>> -Jim

this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from
your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print
this e-mail unless necessary.

> NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United
Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603
8808 40-00