maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Jain <eric.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to skip phases?
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 01:21:07 GMT
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 17:57, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:
> You also will want something like Jenkin running builds continuously
> to make sure that your stuff still works as people will forget to run
> mvn install before checking in (laziness, mistakes, etc)

Thanks for the clarification. This issue came up because I was
thinking about how to make use of the new "Task" feature in Bamboo 3.1
(don't know if Jenkins has a similar feature). The idea was that we
could split `mvn install` into three tasks (`mvn clean compile`, `mvn
test` and `mvn install`) to get better progress reporting without
slowing down things. But looks like this won't work.