maven-users mailing list archives

From Jérémy <mer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repositories in settings.xml
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 07:24:26 GMT
Hi Ron, thanks for your answer,

How are builds repeatable in your case?
> The people looking after QA and support have a great deal of difficulty
> saying what was in a build if you use SNAPSHOTS.

In the corporate pom, I try to change only plugins configuration for stuff
that does not involve the jar (aka javadoc, attached-sources, etc...)

> Why is your corporate POM so unstable?

We're still in migration process, we're moving away from a in-house build
tool. Because of the amount of projects, the migration might take more than
a year... so to ease the updates (because new requirements will come up all
the time), I'd like to keep the parent-pom as SNAPSHOT.

> Anders asked for a specific piece of information.

 The effective-pom shows the exact same piece of configuration I sent:
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>public</id>
<url>http://artifacts/content/groups/public</url>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>
<repository>
<id>allowed-snapshots</id>
<url>http://artifacts/content/groups/allowed-snapshots/</url>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>
</repositories>

So my question is, why does Maven fetch SNAPSHOTS from the first repository?

Cheers,
Jérémy