maven-users mailing list archives

From Yaakov Chaikin <yaakov.chai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven release plugin question
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 16:23:12 GMT
Thanks! That put me on the right path and I think it's working now.

Just for the sake of others reading this later... If you have
dependencies that have to specify a version in the reactor or child
modules, just use ${project.version} instead of ${parent.version}.
Also, you have to make sure to list your parent module in the list of
<modules> or the autoVersionSubmodules property won't work and it will
still ask you resolve dependencies which have -SNAPSHOT version in
them and it will start with the parent module's pom. To avoid all
this, just list your parent module in the list <modules> in your
reactor pom.

For a followup question, is there a way to force the release plugin
NOT to run the unit tests. I did -DskipTests=true, but it ignores it
and runs them anyway. In the past, I've tricked the plugin by
specifying a special profile for tests which looked for specially
named classes, rendering the "test" phase kind of useless. It's a
hack, but I had to do it. For those wondering why I would want to run
this withOUT running the tests? It's because some of the tests are DB
unit tests and require a DB to be present, etc. and all I want to do
is release a previously tested codebase and avoid having to set up
environments just so I can do a release.

Thanks again,
-Yaakov.