maven-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven-Doxia-Plugin: Generating LaTeX Code from APT
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 10:51:11 GMT

Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
>
>> Yes, sorry.
> No need to apologize for that...

That's my good education... ;)

>  > The maven-doxia-plugin (and underlying book code) is really
>> just alpha quality IMO...
> That means it can be done some work on it...

We were thinking at one point to deprecate the whole book/maven-plugin
components, but it seems that it is actually used by some people... so
if you want to take a look, there's certainly room for improvement.

> I was impressed of the quality of the resulting LaTeX code and the
> resulting PDF, cause it looks much better than the PDF which is created
> via iText (I assume)...except for the flexibility...

Did you also try the maven-pdf-plugin? I think it's much better than the
book code (yeah, I wrote it...)

> So my idea was to go in direction with LaTeX and using the
> latex-maven-plugin, which unfortunately has bug...but this is a
> different story...
>
> So my first idea is to think about enhancing the doxia-maven-plugin and
> increase the configuration flexibility of it...Or should it be done in a
> different way...
>
> May be you can give me a hint where to look for improvements on that
> subject...

You could have a look at the doxia-converter instead:
http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-tools/doxia-converter/index.html

It might be worth to consider re-writing the doxia-maven-plugin to use
that instead of book.

HTH,
-Lukas