maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven folder structure
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 16:33:16 GMT
+1
If you don't do things the Maven way, you will be in a battle until
Maven defeats you.
You might as well give in early, you have no chance of wining.
Maven is relentless and determined to bend you to its will.

Ron

On 19/05/2011 10:28 AM, Thiessen, Todd (Todd) wrote:
> Your scenario is not uncommon. I have seems many teams go through it.
>
> The advice I always give is to NOT give in to the temptation to try and keep your existing
structure when you move to maven.  Your build will be a large mess.

> Converting to maven means more than simply adopting a folder convention.  It is also
about a build philosophy. For example, Maven strongly encourages one artifact per project.
 You will run into this when converting your build to use maven. If you deviate from using
the default folder conventions, in my experience, only leads to greater confusion and more
time to get the conversion done.