maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Assembly Advice
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 12:55:52 GMT
I have a maven project with several modules. In order to create some
uber jars I use the assembly plug-in during the package phase. However,
the modules with uber jars depend on other modules, which I have set up
dependencies for.

The problem I am having is that those modules that are depended on are
not archived until the install phase, so when the assembly plug-in is
run, it will pick up state artifacts from the other modules.

Is there some way for me to configure things so that before the assembly
plug-in is run, it forces all dependent modules to be run with the
install target first?

Or is it more common practice to do assembly in the install phase? How
can I guarantee that modules I depend on are installed first?

Cheers, Eric