maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: collecting dependent artifacts
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 22:29:52 GMT
OK, shade is doing mostly what I want, except I cannot seem to configure
it to include classes from a sibling module in Maven.

My structure is something like

parent/pom.xml
service-module/pom.xml
common-module/pom.xml
client-module/pom.xml

I want the service-module.jar to contain the classes from common-module,
but can't figure out how. I tried putting the coordinates of
common-module into my service-module/pom.xml, but Maven complains
because it cannot find common-module in any repository.

Right now my service-module/pom.xml looks like

<plugins>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.4</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>shade</id>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>shade</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<artifactSet>
<includes>
<include>*:*</include>
<include>com.kodak.intersystem:intersystem-common</include>
</includes>
</artifactSet>
<transformers>
<transformer
implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ManifestResourceTransformer">
<mainClass>com.kodak.intersystem.service.Service</mainClass>
</transformer>
</transformers>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>

Eventually I also want client-module.jar to include the common classes too.

I'm I overlooking something obvious?

Cheers, Eric