maven-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Sewe <s...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject How to use wagon-ssh-external instead of wagon-ssh?
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 15:05:21 GMT
Hi,

I am facing some problems deploying my project's site using sftp. For
testing purposes I thus want to switch wagons, namely from
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:1.0-beta-7 to
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-external:1.0-beta-7. However, even
adding the appropriate extension to my POM doesn't convince the
maven-site-plugin:3.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT to pick a different wagon for the
sftp URI scheme.

 <extension>
   <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
   <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
   <version>1.0-beta-6</version>
 </extension>

At least, I still get the same exception, which clearly says that I am
using the JSch-based Wagon and not an external ssh process:

Caused by: 3: Permission denied
        at
com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2291)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.mkdir(ChannelSftp.java:1701)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.SftpWagon.mkdir(SftpWagon.java:204)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.SftpWagon.mkdirs(SftpWagon.java:184)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.SftpWagon.putDirectory(SftpWagon.java:271)
        ... 25 more
[ERROR]

Any suggestions? How does the maven-site-plugin map URI schemes to wagons?

Also, is there any configuration option / system property to make the
wagon more chatty? Just running "mvn site-deploy -X" doesn't produce
enough information to track down what's actually going over the wire. :-(

Best wishes,

Andreas Sewe