maven-users mailing list archives

From rydnr <ma...@acm-sl.org>
Subject Plexus 1.5.5 dependency nightmare
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 06:01:27 GMT
Hi,

While trying to make one of my maven plugins, I'm getting a npe with the
following stack trace:

ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.BuilderCommon.handleBuildError(BuilderCommon.java:128)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:95)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)

[/home/chous/dev/ventura24/svn/nlp-games/trunk]

[/home/chous/dev/ventura24/svn/nlp-games/trunk]

[/home/chous/dev/ventura24/svn/nlp-games/trunk]

[/home/chous/dev/ventura24/svn/nlp-games/trunk]
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:331)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:151)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.configureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:567)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:529)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:92)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)

However, I'm unable to find the correct plexus-container-default source code.
No luck with sonatype svn repository either. Could anyone point me to the
correct place to find it? I mean, one in which ComponentValueSetter.java:331
actually exists.

The problem is that the plugin works fine with maven 2.x, and I'm trying to
find out which setting is not being found.

Or any idea why it could be failing in maven-3.0.3...

Thank you very much!