maven-users mailing list archives

From Simpsonex <cfsimpson2...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven console output logging with log4j and JDBC?
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 03:40:12 GMT
Dear all,

Thanks for having a nice forum and helpful buddies =].
I have googled for a few days and I am confused that whether I can capture
the maven console output with log4j and JDBC.
I am using Maven 3.0.3 and I can capture the output with the use of tee
command.
However, I would like to capture the entire maven console message (instead
of plugin message only) using log4j so that I can use do the logging using
JDBC too.
I knew that Maven is using java.util.logging class to do the maven console
logging and I am wondering if I can
set the "logging.properties" in maven? Nevertheless, I cannot find any
logging.properties file in maven 3.0.3.

So, my question would be:

- Can I capture the maven console message using log4j/java.util.logging in
Maven 3.0.3 or previous versions by changing or adding
log4j.properties/log4j.xml?