maven-users mailing list archives

From amaresh mourya <amaresh.mou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overriding goal's configuration from command line?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:16:37 GMT
Hi,

How do I override compiler source to be used If I run mvn compiler:compile
from the command line.

Compiler:compile goal has parameter called source. Doesn't that mean If I
run
[ mvn compiler:compile -Dsource=1.5 ] it should use 1.5 instead of 1.6?

My POM is like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>Application6</groupId>
    <artifactId>mavenProj</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <description>Project for mavenProj</description>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.0.2</version>