maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Understanding Lifecycles, Phases, and Goals.
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 07:48:26 GMT
> > Each lifecycle is made up of a fixed, ordered list, of phases.  The
> > phases in each lifecycle are also defined by Maven core and can not be
> > changed by plugins.
>
> Not correct. They can be changed. E.g the maven android plugin changes it..

I'm quite sure he is correct. The ordered list of phases for the three
lifecycles in Maven core cannot be changed.

> > Goals, defined in various plugins, are attached to specific phases in
> > order to create the actual "executable" lifecycle.
>
> Yes.. this is defined in the super pom.

No, it's not defined in the super POM. Some bindings are defined by the
packaging type that you declare in your project. Others you add yourself in
your pom under build/plugins.

/Anders