maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: archetype:generate as an authorized user?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:07:42 GMT
> Now here's where things get interesting: archetype:generate doesn't seem to pay any attention
to my settings.xml.  The server logs that it received an unauthenticated user request for
the catalog.  I was HOPING generate would match the archetypeCatalog URL to the URL of a
repository in my settings, but no luck.  Is there any way to specify the server when calling
archetype:generate?  I'd really rather NOT reduce security to be able to use archetypes,
if it can be avoided.

I've never had any need for such a feature -- to be honest, I don't
use archetypes much either. Does Artifactory allow you to set up a
"public" repo/group that has no user security, and then you could just
publish your archetypes there? The rest of your repo would still be
secured etc.

Wayne