maven-users mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Neretin <dmitriy.nere...@googlemail.com>
Subject Assembly Plugin Problem with multi module Project
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:03:39 GMT
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the assembly plugin. I used the following
documentation:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/multimodule/module-binary-inclusion-simple.html

I created the additional module to keep my assembly in the parent POM:

<modules>
 <module>A</module>
 <module>B</module>
 <module>C</module>
 <module>distribution</module>
</modules>

and declared the assembly plugin in the parent POM:

<plugin>
        <version>2.2.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <descriptor>config/assembly.xml</descriptor>
        </configuration>
</plugin>

after that I declared the new POM in the distribution directory where I also
referenced the parent POM:

<parent>
    <groupId>GROUPNAME</groupId>
    <artifactId>NAME</artifactId>
    <version>VERSION</version>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

and also declared the assembly plugin:

<plugin>
      <executions>
        <execution>
          <id>create-assembly</id>
          <phase>package</phase>
          <goals>
            <goal>single</goal>
          </goals>
          <configuration>
            <descriptors>
              <descriptor>config/assembly.xml</descriptor>
            </descriptors>
          </configuration>
        </execution>
      </executions>
</plugin>

The assembly.xml is placed in the distribution/config directory and looks
like this:

    <id>test</id>

    <formats>
        <format>dir</format>
    </formats>

<includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
    <moduleSets>
        <moduleSet>
            <useAllReactorProjects>true</useAllReactorProjects>
            <includes>
                <include>A</include>
            </includes>
            <binaries>
                <outputDirectory>TOOLS</outputDirectory>
                <unpack>false</unpack>
            </binaries>
        </moduleSet>
    </moduleSets>

If I execute mvn clean package I get following error message:

[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: config/assembly.xml
[WARNING] The assembly id test is used more than once.
[WARNING] The following patterns were never triggered in this artifact
inclusion filter:
o  'A'

[WARNING] The following patterns were never triggered in this artifact
inclusion filter:
o  'A'

[WARNING] NOTE: Currently, inclusion of module dependencies may produce
unpredictable results if a version conflict occu
rs.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly archive test: You
must set at least one file.

[INFO]

If I execute mvn assembly:single then the message that assembly id used more
than once disappears.
I use Maven 2.2.1 on WinXp Pro

Can somebody help me?