maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: maven-dependency-plugin uses target dir instead of artifacts from repository
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 17:52:02 GMT
It's not a hack, the plugin asks maven core to resolve the artifacts and the
objects it gets back have file handles. In reactor builds with sibling
dependencies, those handles point to the sibling target folder. If you do a
compile reactor build, those handles will point to the /target/classes
folder. IOW, this is Maven Core behavior, not the plugin.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:

> I believe I've run into a similar issue at some time.
> However, there are a few things you should understand:
> 1. An reactor build is executed and for that to work, Maven *should* get
> artifacts from the reactor and not the repo
> 2. executing "mvn pmd:pmd" will not install any artifacts to the local
> repository - the build lifecycle is *not* executed
>
> I think I basically gave up on this as I kind of think it's a hack reusing
> the sources from a different project. And it wasn't really my
> problem/project, so I told them to refactor instead. :-)
> I think that the jira ticket I filed for this is MDEP-291.
>
> /Anders
>

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 09:28, Lucas Persson <lucas.persson@oracle.com>wrote:
>
>>  Hi
>>

>> I have some issues with the maven-dependency-plugin vers 2.2 under
>> Maven3.
>>
>> In one project I uses the plugin to unpack a sources artifact like this:
>>       <plugin>
>>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>         <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
>>         <executions>
>>           <execution>
>>             <id>unpack-artifact-sources</id>
>>             <phase>generate-resources</phase>
>>             <goals>
>>               <goal>unpack</goal>
>>             </goals>
>>             <configuration>
>>               <artifactItems>
>>                 <artifactItem>
>>                   <groupId>oracle.ucs.callcontrol</groupId>
>>                   <artifactId>callcontrolapi</artifactId>
>>                   <version>${project.version}</version>
>>                   <classifier>sources</classifier>
>>                   <overWrite>true</overWrite>
>>                 </artifactItem>
>>               </artifactItems>
>>
>> <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/unpack-sources</outputDirectory>
>>             </configuration>
>>           </execution>
>>         </executions>
>>       </plugin>
>>

>> This works very well when doing e.g. 'mvn install'
>> But when runnning e.g. mvn pmd:pmd on the parent project (which also
>> builds the artifact that this project tries to unpack)
>> then the maven-dependency-plugin uses that project's target dir instead
>> taking the sources jar form the repository.
>>
>>  [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:unpack
(unpack-artifact-sources) on project javadoc: Error unpacking file: /ade/aime_sdp_924164/target/oracle.ucs.callcontrol/callcontrolapi/target/classes
to: /ade/aime_sdp_924164/target/oracle.sdp.tools/javadoc/target/unpack-sources