maven-users mailing list archives

From <tpa...@loftware.com>
Subject Maven and Subversion.
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:38:19 GMT
I am wondering if anyone has a good solution to the following issue.

I have a  multi module maven configuration ( a pom that runs multiple poms underneath it.).
 I made it a multi module project because the sub projects are very similar and it is convenient
to run them all from one pom.  However,  I need each of these sub projects to be versioned
independently.  In subversion, you need to make trunk, tags, and branches folders for each
project to do this.   This breaks the multi module directory structure for Maven as it requires
the pom to be in the top level folder for each of the sub projects.

Does anyone have a solution as to the best way to make this work, or am I stuck with not using
the multi module project  in Maven?

Thanks,

Todd