maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting properties in pom.xml from command line
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:14:19 GMT

The trick is to give the artifact a *default* version in properties so
you can override from the command line but still build without any
command line options;

<properties>
<mygroup-myartifact.version>1.1</mygroup-myartifact.version>
<properties>

Then you can build with  -Dmygroup-myartifact.version=1.2-SNAPSHOT

Kristian