maven-users mailing list archives

From AnasMughal <anasmug...@gmail.com>
Subject Checkout and Build all dependencies
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 00:04:18 GMT
We have a compliance/audit requirement that we need to be able to exactly
reproduce builds. (Current requirement does not allow the build machine
access to our internal nexus repository.)

We have a few projects with typical maven dependency hierarchy. Is there a
way that I could setup a build script that would fetch all dependencies from
SVN and then trigger a complete build.

Of course, we start the build process by deleting everything from the local
maven repository.

Then, we build going down the dependency hierarchy. As we build a parent, we
install it in the local maven repository on the build machine.

This does seem to be something that CruiseControl and Hudson do. Should I
consider just setting up CruiseControl or Hudson to perform the builds for
us? Or, is there a better way to setup this checkout and build process.

Any advice much appreciated.
--
Anas Mughal